Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

When you wish upon a star


A couple of weeks ago my Thursday school (meaning I visit there once a week) told me if it was not raining next week then I should wear a suit so we could take a faculty picture.


The next week it was not raining so I wore the suit. I arrive to find that the schedule has been changed. We are still taking the picture at 8:30 and at 9:00 we are going to get potatoes...



I don’t understand...




Tokyo Disney



We bypassed the store and dug them out with gloved hands. I thought my first Japanese field trip might be to a park or store or museum. Maybe we would drive instead of walk and I always imagined less manure. I mean, some manure, just... less.



Last weekend we piled 7 people into 2 cars and drove down to Tokyo for Chelsea’s birthday. It was a sluggish 4-hour trip that was mostly bumper-to-bumper, but then we made it to Disney Sea.


Tokyo Disney

Chelsea, Staci, and Emily


Just went through Italy and on our way to the center of the earth.



Tokyo Disney


Under the sea.



Tokyo Disney

Port, Chelsea, Emily and Staci


On the train heading to the Ginza district for the ICEBAR.



Tokyo Disney


Everything was made of ice!



Tokyo Disney

Chelsea, Emily, Staci, Daniel, Luke, Cole and Port


One last picture before the hypothermia sets in...



Tokyo

Then it was back to Disney Sea.



Tokyo Disney We just had to have some ears.



Tokyo Disney



The park is closing...Some of us take the news better than others.



Tokyo Disney

Cole, Luke, Emily, Chelsea, Staci, Port and Daniel


Next stop...Disneyland!