Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Family Matters


My 3rd grade class was a little strange today. First, it was an especially windy day so I had to use extra magnets on my flashcards...


The magnets were fine until I ran out of acceptable eye colors...



And then I ran out of those magnets completely...


For family we teach the phrases “Who is this?” and “This is my - .”


During the game...

Daniel:  Who is this?
Student:  This is my black sister.


After stifling my laughter I quickly moved to another group. As you can see from the card it is supposed to be “older sister”. But it did give me an idea to incorporate family words into other phrases.

I came up with a few more examples but they were all offensive. So please enjoy these...

Student:  Who is this?
Daniel:  This is my square brother. He likes Math.

Student:  Who is this?
Daniel:  This is my white father. He can't dance.