Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Honto?

I am a fairly confident person. Somewhere in between giving a speech to strangers and shakin' it on the dancefloor. But every once in a while a situation arises in which I find myself unsure...

For example...

(Japanese conversation in the McDonald's drive thru)

Employee:  Welcome to McDonald's. May I take your order.

Daniel:  Yes. I would like a Big Mac Set. 

Employee:  Cheeseburger set?

Daniel:  No. Big Mac Set please. 

Employee:  Cheeseburger set?

At this point I start to wonder if I actually do want a cheeseburger set. Maybe this random McDonald's employee knows me better than I know myself. 

Usually, it is the questioning of my most basic answers that will send me backpeddaling and wondering if I really know what I know. A perfect example of this happened today...

Teacher:  Daniel sensei. Do you know ---- sensei?

Daniel:  Yes. She is teaching 5th grade again.

 Teacher:  Ah. I see. Is she well?

Daniel:  Yes.

Teacher:  Ah...really?

Daniel:  Yes...At least I think so...She seems fine to me...You know I'm not really sure...I don't know ok!..(and then I ran from the room crying).

Ok. All of that did not actually happen, but I think I've made my point. So until next time I will be learning everything about everything and everyone so it never happens again.