Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

English Testing


Every year, as English teachers, we must test our students on their speaking proficiency. It is the only time we can sit down one-on-one with every student and have a conversation. 

Some students found the test very difficult because English is a difficult language to learn...


Here are some of my favorite test conversations...

Daniel:  How are you?
Student:  I'm thank you and you?


Daniel:  Are you ready?
Student:  Yes. Let's English!


Daniel:  What time is it?
Student:  It's 10 fruity.

Daniel:  What day is it?
Student:  It's Fursday. 

Daniel:  Do you like dogs?
Student:  Yes we can.





This conversation with a 6th grader caused me to lose some sleep...


Daniel:  How are you?
Student:  I like fine. 
Daniel:  What's your name?
Student:  I like Keiko.
Daniel:  What food do you like?
Student:  I like sushi. 
Daniel:  Where is the library?
Student:  I like go straight. I like turn right.



My New Years resolution...


To teach students real good so they can English!