Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Holy Mackerel!

 
First, we have a bowl of cooked rice with vegetables. On the plate there are two mackerel fritters, komatsuna (leafy vegetable) and sprouts with a peanut taste. For dessert, a `france jelly` which is basically a pear-flavored jell-o. Voila!

Hi there! There are many things about this meal I like, the salad/sprout thing is not one of them. The sad part about that is the fact that I LOVE salad! Let me rephrase that, I love American salads. A huge bowl full of a variety of lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, red onions, peppers, cheese, croutons, and a huge helping of ranch dressing (this might be part of what is wrong with America today). I am tired of cabbage and sprouts masquerading as salad ingredients. So I say to you bean sprouts, know your role.. I will rate this at a 2/5 turkey legs.  
 

Sorry to throw such large turkey legs at you, I guess this is how it is going to be now...