Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Simple Things

In The Maloneys Baloney blog, humor based stories are considered especially hilarious. In Japan, the dedicated foreigners who report these happenings are part of an elite unit known as the Assistant English Teachers. These are their stories...


5th grade student:  Mr. Daniel
Daniel: Yes?
5th grade student: How....(eto) long are you?
Daniel:  Excuse me?
Teacher: No no. Tall! Long is for hair. Tall is for height. Right? (in Japanese)
Daniel:  Yes.


Yesterday I played volleyball with my teacher, parents and students. As you can imagine, my height was a topic of conversation.


After making a block...

Teacher:  Daniel sensei, did you play volleyball in university?
Daniel:  No, I am just tall.


I am so happy to be in a place where my height is an accomplishment. Sometimes you just have to appreciate the simple things.