Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Monkey Suit

I am in a monkey suit. Actually, that is a terrible name for business clothes. Everyone knows that if monkeys wore suits they would be of the track variety...

The best picture I could find. Apparently,  a monkey in a tracksuit is the only image that can't be found on Google.

Of course if monkeys were civilized enough to wear tracksuits they would be doing things like leaving the toilet seat up, talking in movie theaters and cutting in front of you at Starbucks.

 
Anyway, the reason for my wearing a suit today goes back to Fall 2010. Last October, my English teacher informed me that the following week I should wear a suit because we were taking school pictures.

The next morning I arrived almost on time, in my suit and snapped the picture in 10 minutes. Obviously, that is not the end of this story.

Come to find out all of my morning classes were canceled. Why, you may ask? So we could walk to a field and dig up sweet potatoes...


What could I do? I put on some gloves, rolled up my sleeves and dug up some potatoes from the manure-rich soil. But the kids did most of the work...

Today,  I found a bag of potatoes on my desk.

I wore the suit because history is always destined to repeat itself whether it's fascists, fashion or romantic comedy plot lines. Be prepared!