Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Staci Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Currently we are in the dreaded of all units at school, the shopping unit.


Please, cue the Jaws music.


You have to set up a store in every class, which honestly sounds like a grand old time. But then the children ruin your beautiful store, they mix up the 500 million food cards you organized with care and bend all of your beautiful fake money. Then you fix it and the next class comes in. This happens 6 times a day for 5 days a week.


This is the only unit that is done by all grades… So, I get pretty tired of teaching “May I help you?” “Yes! 1 apple please.” After 5 days, it can drive a person crazy.


I think by the end of next week I will be huddled in a dark corner somewhere mumbling the shopping conversation and rocking back and forth.


This is the kids’ favorite unit. They are not concerned about my mental health.